Gastric Disorders - Causes and Treatments
Gastritis is the most common digestive disorder, which causes chronic stomach inflammation and in extreme cases may even lead to stomach ulcer. If you are frequently suffering from this avoidable agony, it's better to take it seriously to shun worsening of case.

What is Calcium?

When you want to develop your bones and maintain their strength, you need to take in foods which are rich in calcium. This is a type of mineral which is greatly needed in some of your bodily functions and in the formation of your teeth. When compared to other minerals within your body, this is considered as among the most abundant. In order for you to get the proper amounts of this mineral, you need to eat foods which have high content of this. Common examples would be dairy products such as eggs and milk. Green and leafy veggies are also good sources of this mineral. So are legumes, broccoli, whole grains, and nuts. If your doctor recommends you to take in huge amounts of this mineral, you should turn to dairy products.

In order for you to be fit and healthy, you need to include calcium in your daily diet. When there is less absorption of this mineral, the long-term effect would be problems with the formation and growth of your teeth and bones. It has been thought that too much consumption of this mineral owes to kidney stone formation. But recently, there have been studies which show that high amounts of the mineral within the body decreases the growth of the kidney stones. But this does not indicate that it is alright to drink lots of milk or eat plenty of eggs also. When most of the foods that you eat are rich in this mineral, there is a tendency for you to develop hypocalcaemia. It will be hard for your body to absorb other minerals. What is more, the functions of your kidney might also be compromised.

When you want to make sure that your body is absorbing this mineral, you have to take this in with the aid of vitamin D. Vitamin D helps with the absorption of calcium inside the body. The best source of the two nutrients is milk. But when you are allergic to milk and other dairy products, there are alternatives to these. You can turn to broccoli, oranges, almonds, seaweeds, sesame seeds, and other veggies which have a green color. Other than foods and dairy products, this mineral is also present in most health supplements. But before you take in a certain supplement, you should seek the advice of your specialist. You need to know which brand is suitable for you and which brand is not.

When you consume foods which are high in this mineral, your body only absorbs 10 to 30 percent of it. Before your body utilizes it, your digestive system has to break it down first. After breaking down the mineral, its absorption into your body is done within your small intestine. If you want to avoid illnesses which are due to the lack of the mineral, you need to avoid too much intake of fizzy beverages such as champagne and soda. The fizz in these drinks prohibits your body from absorbing the mineral; and takes it out from your bones.

An estimated 99 percent of your body’s calcium is kept within your bone tissues. The rest (1%) is being circulated within your blood and your other bodily fluids. When this mineral is in your bloodstream, it plays a major role. It helps with the clotting of blood, nerve impulse transmission, contraction of muscles, and other activities which require metabolism. This mineral should also be balanced constantly with phosphate within your bloodstream.