What Is Sexual Abuse?
The sexual abuse consists of any form of manipulation, force, control of sex over the partner. For the domestic abuser, sex is the only way that he or she can have control and dominance in the relationship. Several sex abusers see their partner as a sex objects and dominant their partners through the act of sex. Sexual abuser think that they can be more sexual be excited when they use force or violence or be hard on their partner. The abusers are generally not faithful to their partners.
It is important to understand that sexual abuse in a domestic violence need not only be a forced rape. The forced rape by the abuser is sexual abuse; sexual abuse can be in many different faces. They are:
- The victim of sexual abuse may find that the abuser is the main decision maker in reference to their sexual encounters.
- The victim may be forced into having sex with an abuser whenever and however the abuser they want it.
- The victim may find that the abuser uses his or her bodily sensitivities and vulnerabilities against him or her.
- The victim may be made to feel that his or her discomfort is his or her problem and not a result of the partner’s actions.
- The victim may be forced to have sex acts with others.
Sexual abuse can sometimes go hand in hand together with the physical abuse. Sometimes sexual abuse may follow physical assault. In most cases physical abuse occurs as the part of sexual abuse. Sexual abuse can be emotional and psychological.
There are times when the sexual abuser is very jealous. He or she may be extremely suspicious of what his or her partner does on a daily basis that includes shopping, purchase of food and other product. A sexual abuser may accuse his or her partner of flirting or extra marital affair. Sexual abusers may also become jealous with any relationship his or her partner has, be it with a friend, co-worker, clergy or relative. They may also become jealous over someone their partner may have come in contact with only once, such as at a store, post office or at a social event.
If you are a victim of domestic violence help are available. You can call the local police or some groups who can help you out with such domestic violence.