Natural methods for reducing Intestinal Gas
Formation of the intestinal gas is one of the most common digestive problems in the worldwide population. Almost all people experience this but no one wants to discuss about it publicly. In fact, people are shy about speaking to other people about this condition. There may be number of factors which can contribute to production of intestinal gas. There are some remedies like change in diet, alteration to eating habits and modification of life style; that you could perform your own and which can help you in obtaining relief from this condition.
According to the information released by the National Institute of Health, usually a person produces about one to
three pints of gas per day and releases it at about 14 times in a day. Though this condition is not considered as life threatening condition, this could cause discomfort and embarrassment for the sufferer. Knowing about the causes responsible for occurrence of such condition and finding remedies to reduce symptoms will help you in finding relief.
There are certain measures, which can provide you some relief, if followed properly. Following are some of such methods/remedies provided here for the benefit of readers.
- Dietary Restrictions: Formation of Intestinal gas is closely related with the diet (foods and fluids) we take regularly. The intensity of effects experienced by each individual may defer. However, the foods which are hard to digest are the main culprit responsible for occurrence of intestinal gas. Food rich in carbohydrates and certain fibrous food can develop this condition, as these are hard to digest. Whole grains, beans, grapes, peas, onions, raisins, corn, plums, red wine, beer and soft drinks are the examples of foods which can lead to occurrence of intestinal gas. If you are intolerant to milk foods or wheat, this could cause discomfort for you. To avoid this condition you must pay proper attention to your diet. You may like to consult your physician or a dietitian on this aspect.
- Medications: There are number of over-the-counter medications available for treating this condition. However, these are not permanent cure but provide you temporary relief by reducing symptoms. Charcocaps is most commonly used medication. The sufferer has to take this tablet before and after meal. There are proven results which show that activated charcoal tablets helps in reducing the intestinal gas. It is a prescription medicine prepared by homeopathic ingredients. These charcoal activated tablets stimulate and aid the defenses of body.
- Paying attention to the dietary factors: A patient must pay proper attention to his diet and make list of food items which apparently triggered the condition of occurrence of intestinal gas. This will help you in avoiding consumption of such foods, which cause intestinal gas, and help you in relieving this condition.
- Intake of Fluids: Intake of plenty of fluids helps ensures the proper digestion. However, you must be cautious about the fluids. You can take plenty of water, fruit juices, clear soup and non-carbonated fluids. But you must avoid consumption of beer, red wine and soda. If you can not avoid the beverages (beer, soft drink etc) let the beverages fizz out and then take.
- Reduction in air swallowing: Reducing the amount you swallow while eating or chewing is another way of reducing chances of intestinal gas. You must eat slowly and avoid smoking, chewing hard candies and chewing gum.
The results produced through these remedies may defer from person to person. If you do not obtain desired relief through these remedies you must consult your physician.