Packing a Diaper Bag
About packing a baby’s diaper bag
A dipper bag is a kind of nursery for your traveling. So while packing a diaper bag keeps this fact in the mind. If possible always plan your travel in advance, so that you get enough time to prepare for everything for the possible requirements during your journey. While packing a diaper bag keep mind the age of the baby and also the climate condition of your destination. Your diaper bag should contain enough of all the things that your baby may require while you are away from your home. A number of parents prefer to take two bags for that purpose. Normally they have two bags, a large bag for a longer outing and a small bag for the shorter outing away from home such as going for shopping etc.
For the help of parents, here is the detailed list of items, which should be a part of your bag when you plan to travel with your children. The parents who have twins should put double of every item mentioned in this list.
- Changing Pad
- Sufficient diapers
- Sufficient wipes
- Enough of changing pads.
- A tube or two of diaper rash cream or ointment.
- Sufficient disposable bags to put wet and/or soiled diapers in.
- Sufficient bibs.
- Sufficient bottles.
- Enough of formulas.
- Enough of baby Cereal/baby Food.
- Sufficient baby spoons.
- Enough of snacks for a baby who is able to eat with his or her fingers.
- Sufficient baby juice.
- Sufficient baby cups.
- Keep at least one pair of spare clothing for changing purpose, in case baby spoils clothing during eating or playing. In case you are planning to have a day long outing, keep two spare pairs of baby clothing.
- Keep an extra shirt for mommy.
- Sufficient pacifiers.
- Sufficient caps.
- Sufficient sunscreen.
- Sufficient blankets.
- Sufficient toys/ stuffed animals.
- Keep basic baby medications such as fever reducers, teething ointment etc.
- Keep hair brush.
- Keep enough of baby jackets.
- Do not forget to keep pediatrician’s phone number.
- Keep suction bulb for nose/saline drops/kleenex.
- Keep also favorite item the baby may like to play.
- Do not forget to keep camera.
In case you decide not to carry your baby with you during traveling and you choose to keep the baby at home with a sitter or decide to leave the baby at a daycare center, brief and give a list of emergency contact number for the caregiver. Brief the caregiver clearly if your child has any sort of allergies or medical problems.