No More Stress
Some tips for reducing family stress
In this modern era every one is under some kind of pressure at all the times. The life in general has become more stressful. Anyone who has been to the mall in the recent past can clearly understand that families are under continuous stress these days. Parents are under stress because of their work related problems and working for extended hours and also due to other kind of responsibilities. Children are under stress due to school and other extra curricular activities. Nowadays no one have time to get everything done. And in this scenario there is no spare time for relaxing and spending some time with family.
This stress factor is very dangerous. One has to find ways and means to subside stress completely. Everyone should try to cope with this stress in modern times, because if you carry this stress, it will definitely hamper you at your work place. In case of children this stress will hamper their studies. You should always try to maintain a stress free environment at your home.
According to Todd Imholte, president of Environmental Graphics, a Minneapolis company, “the home should be a place for families to relax, recharge and rejuvenate”. This company also offers their services for interior wall murals which are designed in a way to create a comfortable home environment.
Do you feel that your family is under too much of stress? Listed below are some of the signs, which indicate that you are doing too much.
- When cleaning up dining area means that clearing the fast food bags out of your car.
- When you think your dining room table merely a flat filling station and nothing more.
- Your grocery list is waiting by the side of your refrigerator for a long period and the condition have arrived that some of the items have already exhausted.
- You think and plan to be organized but you are never able to turn them in reality.
- You get very excited when you come to know that the next day is Saturday and you end up nothing.
- You are not able to recognize your neighbors, but you very well know the people at the airport.
- When the “half-day” means you to leave the office at 5 o’clock.
In this scenario, how a family can minimize the stress and make sure that their home is pace for relaxing, joy and recharging. Listed below are some of the tips you can take advantage of in making your home a heaven if not less.
- Do not be under the impression that you are the only one who is going through this family stress; there are millions other who are also facing the same situation. What is more important is the ability to handle the stress rather than get suppressed from the stress.
- Try to create a peaceful and comfortable home environment. One of the best ways to achieve a soothing effect in a room easily and more importantly economically is to have wall paintings. Environmental Graphics, a Minnesota-based company offers more than 20 full color wall murals that feature such soothing subjects as “Oriental Garden,” “Lake in the Woods,” “Daydreaming,” and “Dolphins Paradise.”
- Whenever you feel that some problem is coming up and tasking a nasty route, call a family meeting and discuss at length about the very cause of the problem. Because avoiding something only adds up to make it more complicated. Once an issue has been discussed and resolved every one will feel happy and get on their individual responsibilities.
- Cultivate the team feeling in the family members. To enhance this team effort you can get the whole family involved in doing work around the house. Younger children should be assigned jobs as per their age group. Parents should not do everything of their own.
- Take short breaks when you are doing work around your house. Relax for a while, and do not get your concentration creped when you are involved in family activities.
- Do the things which are required to be done. Chalk out the plan properly and put your heart and soul in the work which is more beneficial and ignore the rest.