How to Stay Fit During Holidays
There’s no doubt about it but we normally gain some weight during holidays especially from Thanksgiving, Christmas, up to the New Year. Of course, who wouldn’t be enticed with all the food we prepare for this big events of the year. The problem of how to stay fit during holidays seems to be everybody’s dilemma.
It’s a good thing that Life Time Fitness Inc. has established a standard for the industry that offers consumers the finest when it comes to fitness centers. A company under Healthy Way of Life, Life Time Fitness admits that they this time of the year proves to be a challenge especially for those who are following a fitness regimen. Vice President Jeff Zwiefel is aware that it people are normally gaining weight during this seasons because we can’t help enjoying holiday treats or getting another serving of that roasted turkey.
Although Zwiefel adds that this does not necessarily mean that we should deprive ourselves in order to stay fit during holidays. There are still a lot of options to choose from to maintain the fitness regimen we have stuck with even before the holidays and we don’t want to put to waste what we have worked so hard for. “Balance and moderation is the key here,” says Zwiefel.
He, therefore, suggested some great tips we can keep in mind to stay fit during holidays.
- Since everybody seems to be eating most of the time during the holidays, it should be difficult to resist the temptation. Zwiefel suggests that drinking water is the secret. This will help suppress the appetite and is therefore useful the whole year round.
- Before going to a party, keep your stomach full beforehand with a nutritious snack or meal. If this is not possible, use a small plate at the party so you can stop yourself from overindulging. Leaving early from the party is likewise a good way to resist any other temptations of eating or drinking that might come.
- Although most celebrations would call for some alcohol consumption, make sure you don’t drink more than what is necessary. Remember, alcohol has as many calories per gram similar to that of fat. And to avoid over-consumption, try to alternate between water or soda together with your alcohol.
- As the holidays will most probably eat most of your time you are most likely to miss your workout appointments. Think ahead and plan out a suitable workout schedule that you can still get into despite the hectic holiday activities.
- Although balance and moderation apply not only during the holiday seasons but to almost every day in our life, we should not be too hard on ourselves when we sometimes fail. Just make sure to keep your goals intact, and since it’s the holidays, don’t feel too guilty to spend time with your family and friends and to enjoy the merrymaking seasons.
How to stay fit during holidays shouldn’t necessarily be a problem. With a little planning ahead and a strong determination to stick to your plan, then you surely are still on your way to looking and feeling great even after the celebrations.