Emergency Checklist When Leaving Violence
If you ever have a plan to leave your domestic violence life or your partner and are preparing on their own to leave your abuser you can take the following steps which will help you to ensure that you and your child are not on the street with the same domestic violence on their back.
Following is the emergency checklist that you might consider having it when leaving your domestic violence or partner:
- Before you leave, if possible then go to the bank to open an account that is just on your name and any extra money you get should be deposited in the account for security purpose. If you cannot get the bank account, find a safe place where you can store your money until you leave.
- If possible make copies of all the important documents and certificate that you may have and give them to someone for safe keeping. The document might contain your identity and proof of your child. The documents that include are birth certificate, marriage certificates, restraining order, insurance policies and any other legal document that will be important for future.
- Pack all your and child clothes that you will need.
- Pack all the necessary items for you and your children.
- Take any kind of letters or proof that can make other believe that your partner is an abuser.
- Think in advance about the place where you and your children will stay and start a new life.
If you are a victim of domestic violence help is available. You can call the nearby agency which can help you to get rid of such domestic violence.