Ask the Doctor
In case you are having some disease, then first you should understand the nature and condition of the particular disease, so that you can take appropriate steps to overcome the disease and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Your doctor will be able to answer most of your questions. Listed below are some of the model questions that can help you to know your condition or diseases better.
Some General tips
- What do you think is causing my problem?
- What is the may be the main cause of your problem?
- Is your problem caused by one or more than one condition or disease?
- What type of pathological tests will you like to undergo, to analyze your condition of disease?
- Are these tests good enough for diagnosing the problem and the conditions?
- What will be the effects of this condition? What are the long term aspects with or without cure?
- What can I do of my own? Has the condition worsened? When should I seek the help of a doctor?
- Shall I wait for some other particular symptom to occur? And in case of occurrence of any other symptom should I meet the doctor?
- Is your doctor aware of the kind of medicines you are using? Will the previous medicines interact adversely with the medicines the doctor is prescribing now?
- Should I keep a watch on the side effects of the medicines the doctor is prescribing now or for any interactions with the previous medicines?
- Is my condition or disease curable?
- What will be the after effects of this condition at present and in the future?
- Is any change required in my lifestyle?
- What self medication I should avoid?
About Blood Pressure
- What should be the frequency of blood check?
- What is the idle blood pressure of a healthy person?
In case you have Cancer
- What type of cancer do I have? What is the stage or extent of my cancer?
- What is the type of cancer I am suffering from? What is the stage or extent of my cancer?
- What is the future course of the disease?
- What is the treatment and why?
- What is the main aim of the treatment; cure or control of my symptoms?
- Which are the main side effects or risks of the treatment?
- What are the pros and cons of my treatment?
- Is there any other possible treatment for my problem?
- What will be the frequency of my visits for the treatment or tests?
- What will be the duration of the treatment?
- What will be the effects on my future life style? Will any changes be required in my work, family life, and leisure time?
- What sort of drugs I will take and names of drugs? What each drug will effect?
- What will be the symptoms of response of the drug or treatment?
- Will there be other specialists assisting you in my treatment and who will be coordinating my treatment?
- What are the symptoms which require immediate reporting to you?
- What is the probability of the reoccurrence of my cancer, with the present treatment program?
- What should be my preparedness for the treatment?
- Which are the special foods I should take and also should not take?
- Can I drink alcoholic beverages?
- When can I give you a call in case required?
In case you are having Diabetes
- What should be the idle weight for me?
- What types and quantities of foods I should take?
- In case you are taking some medicines for diabetes; how much and when should I take it?
- In case you are smoker; what I can do for stopping smoking?
- What I should do to look after my feet? How cab I check the loss of feeling in my feet? In case you think that you are having loss of feeling you should report to your doctor?
In case you are having Leukemia
- What is the exact type of leukemia, me or my child is suffering from?
- What will be the future course?
- What are the possible treatments?
- What are your recommendations and the reason behind?
- What will be the side effects of the treatment recommended by you?
- What are the chances of survival of me and my child?
- What measures I require to take to minimize the side effect of the chemotherapy?
- What is the probability of reoccurrence of the leukemia once I or my child is in remission?
- What operation are you recommending?
- What kind of operation you will recommend?
- What is the reason of operation?
- Is there any other alternative?
- What are the main benefits of the operation?
- What are the risks involved in operation?
- What kind of anesthesia will be required for me?
- What will be the effects in case I do not have this operation?
- From where I can seek second opinion?
- How much experience do you have in operation?
- Where will be the operation carried out?
- How much time I will need for recovery?
- What will be the cost of operation?
About pathological tests
- What type of tests I will require to undergo?
- What will you be able to asses from the outcome of these tests?
- When will I be able to know the results of the tests?
- Do I need any special preparedness to undergo any these tests?
- Are there any side effects or risks of these tests?
- Will more tests be required in the future?
- What are the possible treatments available for my disease or condition?
- When will the treatment begin and what will be the duration of the treatment?
- What is the possibility of success and what are the benefits of the treatment?
- What are the side effects and risks of the treatment?
- What sort are foods, drugs, or activities I should avoid, during the course of treatment?
- Am I required to take some medicines for the treatment, what should I do in case I miss a dose?
- Are there any other treatments available?
About Women’s Health
- What should be the frequency of a mammogram?
- What should be the frequency of Pap test?